Built in 1857 by Wadham Locke IV, Cleeve House became the home of the Bell Family in 1883. Squire William H. Bell extended the house to include the Gothic Hall and the Library, completing the building in 1907. His son Clive Bell, a writer and critic, married Vanessa Bell, the famous artist and sister of Virginia Woolf. All three were key members of the Bloomsbury Group, and Virginia Woolf visited her sister in Cleeve House in 1906. The Bell Family inscriptions adorn the stonework of the house.
Standing in six acres of private gardens and woodland, Cleeve House offers meeting rooms, banqueting facilities and accommodation for conferences, weddings, retreats, parties and entertainment. B&B is also available.
Cleeve House is close to Avebury, Stonehenge, Bath, Lacock, the Westbury White Horse.
Contact: Carlo Zaccarelli
Wiltshire SN12 6PG
Telephone: 01380 827 129
Fax: 01380 827129